Travel photographer and photo workshop leader Margo Taussig Pinkerton judges PhoozL’s latest all-judged photo contest: “Travel Photography: Not Just Another Pretty Postcard.” Margo selected the contest theme (see video above) and will pick the winners from a preliminary selection by the PhoozL Photo Pros panel. NOTE: Judging based on individual images, not groupings.
Submissions Open: September 2 — October 13, 2012
- Submit up to Four (4) photos relating to theme: “Travel Photography.” NOTE: Travel photos are those that show places or people outside of your normal home environment. See video for what judge is looking for.
- Eligibility: open to all logged-in members (amateur to pro), 18+, worldwide. Prior PhoozL contest Winning images not eligible.
- Entry Fee: none! (Free)
- Capture Date: does not matter – new or archived
- Image Specs: Digital only. Color or B&W. See the usual PhoozL submission rules (visible when Submit button clicked).
- Manipulating/Editing Restrictions: moderate allowed; don’t go overboard. HDR permitted.
- Prizes: Grand Prize Winner receives personal 1:1 feedback from Margo on his/her work! 2nd and 3rd Prizes, too. See Prizes page.
- Join the Phorum discussion about this contest.
About the Judge
Margo Taussig Pinkerton, a.k.a. The Barefoot Contessa, has been photographing and traveling since age eight. Her work has appeared in calendars, coffee-table books, and magazines worldwide, including GEO and National Geographic Traveler. Margo’s photographs have won numerous awards over the years and are in private collections around the globe. Margo and her husband, Arnie Zann, run photography workshops (Barefoot Contessa Photo Adventures) that teach students not only about the magic of light, but effective composition, seeking one’s own vision, and thinking outside of the box.
(image rights and submission guidelines
on next Submit Your Photos screen)