World-renowned commercial and fine-art photographer Albert Watson judge’s PhoozL’s latest all-judged photo contest: ‘The Portrait.’ Albert (who will pick the winners from a preliminary selection by the PhoozL Photo Pros panel) has specific things he’s looking for in this contest – see the video above. NOTE: Judging based on individual images, not groupings.
Submissions Open: Nov 20 — Dec 16, 2012
- Submit up to Four (4) photos relating to theme: ‘The Portrait’ NOTE: See video for acceptable subjects (humans, animals, individuals, groups).
- Eligibility: open to all logged-in members (amateur to pro), 18+, worldwide. NOTE: as a special exception, prior PhoozL contest-winning images ARE eligible.
- Entry Fee: none! (Free)
- Capture Date: does not matter – new or archived
- Image Specs: Digital only. Color or B&W. See the usual PhoozL submission rules (visible when Submit button clicked).
- Manipulating/Editing Restrictions: none, but see video
- Watermarking images allowed?: Yes, up to photographer
- Contest Winners: Top 3 + Honorable Mentions selected by Albert Watson
- Prizes: Grand Prize Winner receives personal 1:1 feedback from Albert on his/her work! 2nd and 3rd Prizes, too. See Prizes page.
- Join the Phorum discussion about this contest.
- Follow the Winners Showcase & PhoozL Points about this contest.
About the Judge
Albert Watson is one of the world’s most successful and sought-after commercial and artistic photographers. His striking images have appeared on more than 100 covers of Vogue Magazine worldwide and have been featured in countless other publications, from Rolling Stone to Vanity Fair. He has photographed iconic portraits of rock stars, rappers, actors and other celebrities, and he has shot hundreds of major advertising campaigns (as well as directing hundreds more television commercials). And all along, he has worked on unique personal projects that have been featured in museum and gallery shows around the world. Visit his website at: www.albertwatson.com
Click here for final results!
(image rights and submission guidelines
on next Submit Your Photos screen)