Legendary photographer Joel Meyerowitz is the judge for PhoozL’s inaugural Super-Judged photo contest. Joel selected the contest theme (see video above) and will pick the winners from a preliminary selection by the PhoozL Photo Pros panel. NOTE: Judging based on individual images, not groupings.
Submissions Open: May 5 — June 4, 2012 (GMT-5, NYC)
- Submit up to Five (5) photos relating to theme: “Seeing the Light”
- Eligibility: open to all logged-in members (amateur to pro), 18+, worldwide
- Entry Fee: none! (Free)
- Capture Date: does not matter – new or archived, color or B&W or tinted
- Processing/Editing Restrictions: none
- Prizes: Grand Prize Winner receives personal 1:1 feedback from Joel Meyerowitz on their work! 2nd and 3rd Prizes, too. See Prizes page.
- Related Tips/Tutorials: “Getting the Shot in Nature” Photo Tip
- Join the Phorum discussion about this contest.
About the Judge
One of photography’s living legends, Joel Meyerowitz is a world-renowned fine-art and documentary photographer whose work has appeared in more than 350 international exhibitions. A two-time Guggenheim Fellow, he has published 17 books of his work including the classic Cape Light. Joel was instrumental in changing the attitude toward the use of color in photography from one of resistance to nearly universal acceptance. Visit his website at: www.joelmeyerowitz.com
(image rights and submission guidelines
on next Submit Your Photos screen)