Photo Contest Summary
(click here for Part 2)
The concept of beauty crosses over many genres in photography: portrait, still life, landscape, nature, sport, fashion, and more. But the unifying thread is the perceptual experience of pleasure, satisfaction, and emotional well-being. If “beauty is in the eye of the beholder,” what do you behold? Show us.
NOTE: Beauty also inspires, which relates specifically to our beneficiary/charity partner: the Josephine Herrick Project (formerly Rehabilitation Through Photography). JHP provides free programs to inspire teens, adults, and seniors with the visual language of photography. JHP will receive a significant donation from your entry proceeds (see below).
Our head judge, Robert Farber, who will pick the winners from a preliminary selection by the Phoozl Photo Pros panel (if a significant number of entries), is looking for images that illustrate the theme in interesting ways that engage the viewer; plus normal judging criteria of: originality and creativity, photo technique and/or quality, and overall artistic merit.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED to: Dec. 22, 2013
Instructions & Rules
- Submit up to THREE (3) photos relating to or displaying the essence of the theme: ‘Beauty’.
- Eligibility: open to all logged-in PhoozL members, worldwide; submitted images may not be Winners or Honorable Mentions (or otherwise displayed on Results or Showcase pages) in any prior PhoozL contests.
- Submission Fee: $25 USD. NOTE: this is a special paid-entry contest. You will be asked to pay the submission fee after clicking the Submit Your Photos button or link. This is a non-refundable, one-time fee for up to 3 photo submissions, which you can upload (and replace) throughout the contest period. PayPal or “buy as a guest” credit/debit cards accepted. (PayPal has certain restrictions on making payments from certain countries. Visit this page to learn more.)
- Charity Donation: 80% of total entry proceeds* will be given to the Josephine Herrick Project to support their good works to enhance lives through photography. (*less PayPal transaction and contest listing fees)
- Capture Date: does not matter – new or archived
- Image Rights & Usage: Clearly stated at bottom of every page on this site and in Rules page). No “rights grabbing” here!
- Image Specs: Digital only. Digital submissions; RGB image mode. Maximum 1200pxl on longest side; max 2MB file size.
- Content Restrictions: Submissions must NOT: be sexually suggestive or explicit, include frontal nudity (including “intimate parts”), be pornographic, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate. (see more on Rules page)
- Image Editing Restrictions: none
- Watermarking images allowed? Yes, up to photographer
- Contest Winners: Top 3 + Honorable Mentions selected by Robert Farber (each winning photographer-submitter will be unique).
- Prizes: 1st Place, 2nd Place, and 3rd place prizes, plus Winners Showcase & PhoozL Points for all winners including Honorable Mentions. See Prizes page for more.
- Follow the Winners Showcase & PhoozL Points for PhoozL contests.
- Additional Rules are available here.
About the Judge
Robert Farber‘s style has influenced generations of photographers. His painterly, impressionistic style captures the essence of composition in every genre, including nudes, still life, landscapes and fashion. His ten photo art books have sold over half a million copies. Robert’s fine-art photographs have been published in virtually every form, and he has exhibited in galleries and museums worldwide. He’s lectured at the Smithsonian Institute, The George Eastman House, as well as Universities and professional groups throughout the United States, Japan, Australia and Europe. Aside from his fine art photography, Robert Farber’s work encompasses major campaigns for fashion, beauty and advertising, as well as directing for TV and film. A documentary highlighting Farber’s life and career, is in development for PBS. Visit his site at: www.farber.com.
(image rights and submission guidelines
on next Submit Your Photos screen)